With over 90,000 licensed electricians in Canada, it can be difficult to find the right one for the job you need.Read of for the 5 questions you must ask an electrician before you hire them!
1. Are You Insured and Licensed?No matter how experienced the electrician is, accidents happen. And if the person you hired to perform the work doesn’t have insurance or a license to work, it could leave you financially responsible and liable for damages.Most unlicensed electricians will charge less for work meaning it’s an easy choice for budget shoppers. However, trying to save money by hiring someone that’s a liability could really cost you.This simple question could save you thousands of dollars in case of an accident.When you call or hire a potential electrician, ask if they’re licensed and insured. But once they arrive at your home, it’s vital that you ask to see proof of both insurance and a work license.If they can’t provide proof, let them know you’ll have to reschedule.
2. Ask an Electrician: What’s Your Specialty?Not all electricians specialize or have experience with all tasks and repairs.Before you hire a contractor, make sure to ask them if what they specialize in or if they’ve ever done the work you need.An industrial and commercial electrician might not have the same gentle touch as an electrician who focuses on residential properties.Someone who specializes in all types of properties is even better.If the answer is “No” then it’s probably a good idea to hire someone else.
3. What Do Your Past Customers Think of Your Work?If the electrician doesn’t provide reviews on their website, ask to speak with some of their recent past customers.Keep in mind, people are more likely to leave a review after a bad experience than a good one. But if all of the reviews are poor, that should tell you something.
4. Will You Perform the Work?Some contractors will hire out the work you need. This makes it difficult to guarantee the quality of their work.Ask the electrician if they or someone else will be doing the work. If it’s not them, verify how they manage quality control.If their answer doesn’t satisfy you, find someone else.
5. Do You Offer a Warranty of Your Work?This is important. Ask the electrician if the parts have any manufacturer warranty. It’s also good to ask if they offer a warranty for their labor.That way if things go south within the warranty period, you won’t be financially responsible to repair it.
Light It Up!Now you know what to ask an electrician before hiring them to make sure you get the job done right.When it comes to hiring an electrician for your residential, commercial, or industrial needs, there’s only one choice.Contact Advantage Electric today for a professional service you’re sure to love.
High-Quality and Affordable.
Advantage Electric strives to offer only quality products, superior craftsmanship, and excellent customer services…all while making it fit your budget.
I have been a client of Advantage Security for years now and am always satisfied with the services they provide. I started with monitoring just at my shop and then was so pleased I also have my house being monitored. They were able to use the same partitioning board that was set up at my shop by just adding a new code for my house so I didn’t have to pay for the system twice. There prices are very affordable and there service is outstanding. ~ Scott’s Landscaping