Every year, it seems the electric bill keeps getting bigger and bigger no matter how hard you try to save. No one likes paying high electric bills, but there are many things you can do to reduce it. If you want to save money on electricity, then we’ve provided several ways to lower your bill from month to month.Reducing your electrical load does more than just give you a few extra dollars. It’s also great for the environment. By using less electricity, you’re decreasing your carbon footprint. Everyone wants to be a little greener, so check out these ways to reduce your electricity bills.
1. Save Money on Electricity with Newer AppliancesThere are several appliances in the home that are a constant drag on electricity. They’re also big-ticket items, so we keep them for years without getting them replaced because of the cost. Older refrigerators, furnaces and central air units become less efficient as they get older.In addition to general wear and tear, newer machines are more energy-efficient and cost less to run. Instead of getting your furnace or refrigerator fixed, replace it with a new model.You may find upgrading saves you big money every month and the units end up paying for themselves in energy savings.
2. Turn off Your LightsIt doesn’t seem like it would add up to much if you leave the lights on in your house. Maybe you like your house nice and bright or just forget to turn off the kitchen light after grabbing a midnight snack.The truth is millions of dollars in wasted electricity happens through lights left on unnecessarily in rooms. It’s one thing if they’re left on for security but make a habit of turning off the lights when you don’t need them.
3. Keep Your Thermostat in CheckElectricity bills go through the roof during winter and summer months because we need the furnace and AC to combat the outside extreme temperatures. It might be tempting to crank up the heat in winter and the air conditioning in summer, but try and set the thermostat at a comfortable, but not too comfortable level.If the summer is too hot, don’t set the AC to 65. Instead, set it to 80 and wear shorts and lightweight clothing. The same goes for winter. Set the thermostat for 68 and wear sweaters and more layers in general.
4. Keep an Eye on Water UsageIt takes energy to heat the water for your shower. If you have a tankless water heater, then it heats the water as you need it. This may seem great when you need a nice hot shower after a workout, do you really need to be in there for 30 minutes?Choose shorter showers and you’ll not only save on your water bill but also your electricity bill too.
5. Watch for Drafty Windows and DoorsWhen you go through the trouble of heating and cooling your home, you want that air to stay in the house. Houses lose a lot of heat through drafty windows and doors.You can purchase winterization kits to help winterize your windows or you can replaced them he more energy-efficient windows. Doorstops that cover the bottom of doors so cold air doesn’t get in can also save you money.
Your Electric Bill Will DecreaseIf you follow these tips, then you’ll see your electric bill drop month to month. The more electricity you can save, the better for your pocketbook. Save money on electricity by implementing these tips.If you want to learn more about electricity savings and general electrical help, then explore our site.
High-Quality and Affordable.
Advantage Electric strives to offer only quality products, superior craftsmanship, and excellent customer services…all while making it fit your budget.
I have been a client of Advantage Security for years now and am always satisfied with the services they provide. I started with monitoring just at my shop and then was so pleased I also have my house being monitored. They were able to use the same partitioning board that was set up at my shop by just adding a new code for my house so I didn’t have to pay for the system twice. There prices are very affordable and there service is outstanding. ~ Scott’s Landscaping