You think you’ll save some cash by doing your own electrical repair work. You could end up paying a greater price and becoming one of the 400 people who suffer electrocution each year.We understand — electrical home repairs can be pricey. Smaller repairs can be around $100 to $150 but that can go up to over $5,000 in more extensive cases.Being handy around the house is something to be proud of. There comes a time, though, when you need to hire a pro.Not sure when to call in the professionals when remodeling your house? Here are five reasons why you need an electrician for home renovations.
1. Electrical Work Can be DangerousLet’s start with the most obvious reason right off the bat. Working with electricity can be dangerous, even fatal.When you hire an electrician, you’re bringing in someone who understands the risks and knows how to work with them. Don’t gamble with your heath, your safety, or your life.
2. Permits and InspectionsThere are some remodeling projects that don’t need any permits to go forward. Painting a bedroom or switching out bathroom faucets are some easy examples.Electrical work is tricky. There are codes to abide by and standards to meet.A professional knows what needs to be done and how to do it. Plus, if there are any inspections needed, they’ll handle setting it up.
3. Save Money Long TermSeeing the prices that some electricians ask for can give you a real shock. In the long term, though, it’s often cheaper to pay for professional work.Some of the benefits of an electrician for your renovation projects are that they’ll look for ways to save you money. A good electrician will optimize your outlets, suggest energy efficient appliances, and more.Plus, you can rest assured that their work won’t start fires or give you a real shock, the kind that racks up medical bills, down the road.
4. Cable ManagementIf you want to do more home renovations in the future, it saves time and money if your cables are managed properly. This is especially important for renovations done on any entertainment areas in your house.Ask your electrician if they do this service. That way, you’ll have all of your cables organized when you’re ready for your next big upgrade.
5. Home SafetyBlowing a fuse or losing power to an area of your home is no fun. Faulty wiring can do worse damage than that, though.If your home isn’t wired correctly, it can start a fire. Bringing in a licensed professional ensures the job is done right and you and your family are safe at home.
Hire an Electrician for Home Renovations Today!These are just five reasons why you need to hire an electrician for home renovations. There are so many other ways that bringing on a pro saves time, money, and headaches.If you’re planning on remodeling your house, don’t try to DIY it. You might damage your house or worse, hurt yourself or your family.Talk to us about your home remodeling project and get your free quote today!
High-Quality and Affordable.
Advantage Electric strives to offer only quality products, superior craftsmanship, and excellent customer services…all while making it fit your budget.
I have been a client of Advantage Security for years now and am always satisfied with the services they provide. I started with monitoring just at my shop and then was so pleased I also have my house being monitored. They were able to use the same partitioning board that was set up at my shop by just adding a new code for my house so I didn’t have to pay for the system twice. There prices are very affordable and there service is outstanding. ~ Scott’s Landscaping